So, I have been out of commission again for a week now – I cracked some ribs last week while having a coughing fit! The Doctor says this is not uncommon in pregnant women as the ribcage is already stretched. I don’t know how I manage these things. And, to make matters worse, I had just gone back to work the week before! Sheesh!
Anyway, I still can’t do too much physically, but I can sit at my computer propped up with lots of pillows, so I took advantage of this unexpected “found” time and really got into my digital scrapbooking. I learned to use Creative Memories new Storybook Creator + software and I just completed a couple of cute holiday layouts:
(Edited…sorry I had to temporarily remove these LO’s as I have submmitted them for publication June 8-08.)
Learning the software was really easy and intuitive. I also have Adobe Photoshop Elements 6, but even though I have a little bit of Graphic Design background using Corel Draw, I will still need to take a tutorial on PSP6 and play around with it a little more. I didn’t know if I would like digital scrapbooking, because I really love touching and working with paper and embellishments etc., but I think after doing just a couple of layouts, I think I might be hooked! I can see so many advantages of using digital:
- you can buy a kit once and use/re-use it forever
- it’s very portable – if you use a laptop, you can digi-scrap anywhere
- there’s no need to haul out lots of supplies (this is great because my basement studio STILL isn’t done, although the carpet is being installed as we speak!) and no clean-up
- you can get a lot done in a short period of time, leave it, then come back to it
- you can get lots of cool effects with photos or embellishments
- it’s lots of fun to share by emailing or by posting
I am also working on an 8×8 Storybook using the CM software, so I will post that when it is finished. I’d love to hear your comments on my layouts!
Have a great day,
PS…I can’t tell you how excited I was to see a comment posted on my blog by Wendy Smedley!!! I feel like I’ve just met a scrapbooking celebrity! Thanks Wendy…you made my day!