This is one of Grayson’s favorite songs to sing…although he always sings “come and GET another day” instead of “come AGAIN another day”! What a Q-T-PIE! Well anyway…it has been raining for a few days now and it is just miserable. This is not June weather. This is not summer. I protest! I was surfing some of my favorite blogs last night when I couldn’t sleep and gals were complaining that it was getting too hot for them…I can only wish! The joys of living in the sub-tundra, eh?
Having said that, I did get a lot done in the past couple of days. Not being able to stand (my back is killing me since the baby dropped) I have been spending a lot of time sitting at my computer and scrap table. This is what I accomplished:
- Did a digital layout to include in a colleagues retirement album
- Finished and ordered a hard bound Storybook of the family photos taken LAST FALL!
- Sorted 2 years of photos into Storage Binders, and set up my Category Drawers for special photos (a la Stacy Julian’s LOM system!)
- Completed an article I have been working on for submission to Canadian Scrapbooker Magazine (did I mention I am nervous as heck???)
- Did a layout that I am contemplating submitting to SimpleScrapbooks Magazine (the deadline is today, so I have to decide!!! Still nervous!) Edited….OK…I DID submit my LO to Simple Scrapbooksalong with a couple of others that I had originally posted on my blog (so I had to remove them until I hear back) Wish me luck!
- Sorted and organized some new embellishments and alphabet sets and continued to label and organize bins inside my scrapping cupboards
- Wrote a newsletter for my CM Customers (going out today)
- Worked on some photos in my computer…deleting doubles and touching up others
- Surfed some blogs and websites and looked through some magazines for ideas
- Edited…I forgot…I also made up a digital baby announcement template so when the little guy arrives I can pop in the pertinent info and send it of! I hope you get to see it soon!!!
Not bad for a rainy weekend eh? I think I got so much done because I have a space dedicated to my scrapbooking. I can leave out work in progress and when I have time I can come back to it. It helps, even when you only have 5 or 10 spare minutes. I LOVE IT! And I am so glad it is in our new rec room so G. and I can be down there togeher…he playing in his playroom (or where I found him yesterday – in the storage room playing with Shane’s tools- yikes!) and me working on projects. When baby # 2 comes, I think it will be a good space to spend our days. Life is good eh?Now if that rain would just go away…