I am now back into the routine of menu planning and feeling on top of things!
Since I don’t feel like cooking a lot in this heat we are doing a lot of BBQing. I dug out one of Sandi Richard’s early cookbooks called “Gettin’ Ya Through the Summer” which has 5 weeks worth of hot weather menu plans. In it she includes recipes for the BBQ, crockpot and regular recipes for cloudy days when it’s OK to cook inside! Easy and delish! (Note: I don’t see the cookbook listed on Sandi’s website…I wonder if it is out of print?!)
Anyway, this week we’re having:
- Sunday: BBQ at friends…no cooking YAY!
- Monday: Honey Mustard Chicken Burgers with Fruit Salad (From Sandi’s book.) Mix 1/4 cup Dijon mustard, 1/4 cup liquid honey and 1/2 tsp each of Mrs. Dash Italian and Mrs. Dash Extra Spicy Seasonings. Toss sauce with 4 chicken breasts until glossy. Grill on BBQ with lid closed approx 5 minutes each side or until center is no longer pink. Serve on buns with toppings such as lettuce, tomato, onions etc. and with fresh fruit salad topped with vanilla yogurt.
- Tuesday: Speedy Salsa Chicken Quesadillas with tortillas, veggies and dip.
- Wednesday: Salmon in Orange Ginger Sauce with Rice & Asparagus (Place salmon fillets in greased oven proof dish. Cover with a bottled sauce like VH Orange Ginger or Knorr Mandarin Sesame. Bake at 400 about 10 minutes or until fish is opaque and flakes with fork.)
- Thursday: Spaghetti with Meat Sauce (made ahead in big batch and frozen) with green salad.
- Friday: Pizza night!
- Saturday: BBQ Burgers with potato salad, veggies and dip.
Sounds like a good week! Be sure to check out lots more menu plans on orgjunkie.com!