The Weekend Web Round-Up is the post I enjoy writing most each week. I love picking out and putting together a list of five fabulous places for you to visit each weekend!
- First up, photographer Kelly Willette has a great list of 100 summer activities to do with your kids that will result in many great photo opportunities! Enter your name and email address and it will be emailed to you right away. Print it out and hang it on your fridge or do as Kelly suggests and cut out the prompts, put them in a jar and pull them out whenever you need something to do! Either way, it’s a great list and we are going to try to do one or two things each day!
- Summer Driggs has a new free digital kit, just in time for our American friends’ upcoming Fourth of July holiday. Of course the red, blue and white color scheme is great for so many other layouts – especially when you have boys! – and I am in love with the banner embellishments! Summer is so talented and so generous for sharing her creations.
- You know I am a big fan of Big Picture Scrapbooking. I was very excited that the LOM community started yesterday and will be a year long journey with like minded LOM’ers with lots of dicussion and challenges to keep our systems up and running. BPS also has a great FREE class coming up in August featuring 13 different teachers and lots of new ideas and inspiration – the BIG IDEA FESTIVAL! It starts August 12th, so be sure to find out all the details and register here.
- I don’t know how Stacy Julian comes up with such amazing and inspirational ideas all the time, but she is hosting write.click.scrapbook’s blog this week and is revisiting projects she has made in the past. One project she describes is an 8×8 album in which she captured a snapshot of her boys in 2004. It is brilliant in it’s simplicity and is something all of us could adapt. LOVE it!
- And finally…the summer issue of Scrapbook & Cards Today Magazine came out last week and this one is super good! You can often get a copy at your local scrapbook store (usually free with a purchase) but you can always download it for FREE! 68 inspiring pages should keep you busy for the weekend! Grab a lemonade and enjoy!
Have a great weekend and be sure to check back Monday for the third challenge in our Summer Scrap-a-thon! (Psst…make sure you send off and pick up some recent photos at your local photo developers over the weekend!)