Welcome to the last stop today on our Valentine’s Blog Hop! You’ve probably arrived here from Fran’s blog, and at the end of my post I’ll send you back to the Creative Memories Blog where you can leave a comment and have a chance to win a great prize! I hope you’ve had fun and have been getting lots of great ideas from all the CM Content Contributors!
Today I’ve got a fun little project you can give your favorite Valentine. These Heart Pockets are perfect size to slip a treat or a gift card into, and if you make enough, they would be darling class Valentines for your kids to share!
They are easy and inexpensive…you’ll just need solid and/or patterned paper, adhesive, some stickers or embellishments and, of course, treats! Like the other Content Contributors, I am using the Watercolor Love Paper Pack and Embellishments…and believe me, I LOVE this collection so much I plan on using every little scrap of it somehow!
The other thing you’ll need is a way to cut a bunch of hearts. You could use a Cricut, Silhouette, Cuttlebug or other die cutting machine, or CM’s Custom Cutting System (with the old heart template if you are lucky enough to have it!) If you don’t have access to any of those, you could simply trace a template and cut out your hearts with scissors.
Cookie cutters make great tracers, or you can download this FREE template that I’ve made just for you! The template has two hearts with little sayings already printed on them, so you can use them as-is or cut out one and then use it as a tracer on some printed scrapbook paper.
|Four ways to cut out hearts!|
You could also print the handout onto colored cardstock, or even onto scrapbook paper…simply print out the sheet onto regular paper, cut out a smaller piece of patterned paper, tape it over the hearts and then run it through the printer again!
So, go cut out a bunch of hearts, and let’s make the pockets!
- For each pocket you’ll need two hearts cut from your choice of paper – you can match your hearts using the same paper for both sides, or mix it up with combination of patterned papers and solid colored cardstock. I cut a whole bunch from the Watercolor Love papers and our Shades of Red Paper Pack and paired them up before I adhered them together.
- Add a good amount of adhesive all along the sides of the heart from the point up to the part where the rounded top of the heart begins. Leave the top open to slip the treat or gift card into. Adhere together firmly to make your pocket!
- Decorate as you like – add small punched hearts, pre-made embellishments, gems, stickers or border strips cut into smaller pieces. Some of the embellishments shown below are right out of the Watercolor Love pack, but some I cut out from the decorative piece of paper in the Paper pack. There are two of these sheets and each features 4 x 6 “cards”, smaller cards and border strips that you can use for extra decoration!
- Add a sentiment or write “to:” and “from:” by hand using our Dual-Tip Pen. Let your kids do this part if they are making the Heart Pockets for their friends!
After finishing up the pockets, I had a couple of patterned hearts left over so I used them to create a couple of SUPER QUICK cards! It never hurts to have extra cards in your stash and, as I said earlier, I didn’t want any of this gorgeous paper to go to waste! Follow these steps using scraps you may already have on your table:
- Cut two pieces 8.5 x 5.5 each from the tan cardstock in the Shades of Neutral Paper Pack. Fold in half to make two card bases.
- Cut two pieces 4 x 5.25 each from the wine cardstock from the Shades of Red Paper Pack. Adhere onto the card base.
- Add leftover hearts and a couple of embellishments…I’m loving the bling! So simple and cute!
I hope you try making these easy Heart Pockets and/or Cards for your friends and family this year! If you do, I’d love to hear and see how they turned out! Leave a comment below, OR share them on my NEW Facebook page – https://www.facebook.com/organizedandcreativemom/! I’d love to see what you come up with and be able to share your ideas with others!
Just in case you missed any, here are all the fantastic stops along the Blog Hop today:
So, make sure to head on back to the Creative Memories Blog. Even if you don’t leave a comment here, DON’T FORGET to leave a comment there about your favorite thing on the Blog Hop! You’ll have a chance to win a complete set of the Watercolor Love products!
Good luck and thanks for stopping in!