I am excited to share my 1-2-3 layout for March with you today that is featured once again on our monthly Creative Memories Virtual Crop! We are so thrilled that you love the Virtual Crops as much as we do and I think this month will be no different!
Our theme this month is “Scrap-a-Sketch” and all the Creative Memories Content Contributors have created layouts based on my 1-2-3 sketch, and will also be sharing their takes on their favorite scrapbook layout sketches as well.
Just like last month, I’ve got a layout sketch for you…
…and a card sketch!
layout sketch, cutting guide and card sketch right here!
Remember that for all of my 1-2-3 layouts you’ll only need 1 piece of double sided pattered paper, 2 pieces of cardstock (or scrapbook pages) and you’ll make only 3 cuts based on the cutting guide. This sketch is so versatile – you can use it for any theme or occasion, and in the video below I’ll show you how to adapt it to your own needs and create countless different versions of the sketch.
You’ll also see that the card comes together very simply from a regular size card base (8.5 x 11 cardstock cut in half) and a few smaller scraps. In case you miss it on the video, all the measurements are right on the handout itself (don’t forget to download it here!) so all you need to do is choose your cardstock and paper, cut the pieces to size, and assemble the card.
So grab your favorite cup-of-something, then sit back and enjoy the video:
Here’s another look at the finished layout and a few detail shots…
…and here’s the layout details:
- Double sided patterned paper is from the Look on the Bright Side Paper Pack.
- White cardstock (used a layout base) is from the Shades of Neutral Paper Pack.
- Yellow cardstock (used for the sun) is from the Shades of Bright Paper Pack. I cut a 3 inch circle with the Custom Cutting System, trimmed it to fit in the corner and then hand cut into it with All-Purpose Scissors to form the rays.
- Black cardstock (used for tire tracks) is from the Shades of Neutral Paper Pack. The tracks are created by arranging the “leftover” chevrons punched with the Chevron Border Maker Cartridge.
- Pale blue cardstock (used for clouds) is from the Shades of Pastel Paper Pack. I punched the clouds with the new Thought Bubble Punch, and I trimmed off the triangle with All-Purpose Scissors. I popped them off the layout with adhesive Foam Squares.
- The title is made with Black ABC/123 Stickers.
- The journaling is done with the Black Dual-Tip Pen, my absolute favorite journaling pen ever!
Now here’s a closer look at the final card design I settled on…
…and the deets:
- Patterned paper from the Strut Your Stuff Paper Pack.
- White cardstock (card base) from the Shades of Neutral Paper Pack.
- Blue cardstock (rectangle) from the Shades of Blue Paper Pack.
- Circles cut with the Custom Cutting System Circle Templates and Blades.
- Black Dual-Tip pen and adhesive Foam Squares also used.
I sure hope this inspires you to get creating with sketches today. Make sure to get over to the Creative Memories Facebook Page to join the Virtual Crop Event, take a look at all the great ideas being shared, post comments or pictures of your own projects that you are working on. I promise you’ll have a great time, and you also have the chance to win some great prizes! The other content contributors and I will be checking in every hour with new tips and ideas on how to use sketches and we can’t wait to see what you are creating!