We’ve just returned home from our two+ week road trip through beautiful British Columbia, Canada and I thought I’d share a few tips I relied on to make family road trips run a little smoother. Today I’m talking about how to pack the perfect beach bag.
During our road trip we spent a glorious week in Osoyoos B.C., just soaking up the sun and enjoying lake life. I wanted to make sure we had everything we needed to enjoy our days at the beach, so I chose one bag to pack and dedicate as the beach bag. All we had to do was add a few drinks and snacks, grab the bag and walk down to the beach and we had everything we needed for a fun day.
The bag I favour as a beach bag is the Large Utility Tote from Thirty-One. This bag is perfect for so many reasons – it’s super sturdy, the shoulder straps are meant for easy carrying and the laminated fabric wipes clean. The print is called Fun Flops and is from a few seasons ago, but of course there are always great patterns available (if you like these colors, you might like the Preppy Pop pattern from this season!) I added the Stand Tall Insert for structure and increased storage, and the Top-A-Tote Lid to keep sand out and to help the bag pack and stack easily in the back of our vehicle. (A heads up because I love you so much…the LUT and exclusive Stand Tall Insert will be the monthly customer specials in September 2016!)
Did I mention the size? The Large Utility Tote is a generous size without being overly big, and it handles all this stuff! I packed four full size beach towels, sun necessities, hats, beach and water toys and a thermal snack bag into this baby!
- body and face sunscreen
- mosquito repellent
- witch hazel and aloe vera (both in spray bottles for spraying onto tender skin)
- talcum powder (great for getting sand off feet and other body parts)
- After Bite Ointment
- our compact First Aid Kit
- a package of wet-wipes
- four All Packed Duffle bags (one for each member of the family…and PS…it’s one of the Hostess Specials in September 2016!)
- the Beach Bag
- another Large Utility Tote for my husband’s motorcycle gear and tools
- my Fresh Market Thermal and Essential Storage Tote for road trip snacks (both came in very handy for all the trips to the Farmers markets and produce stands as well!)
- my Zip-Top Organizing Utility Tote which I used as my daily bag with all my gadgets and necessities
- and the boy’s personalized Cinch Sacs for their toys, books and electronics (which traveled with them in the back seat to keep them occupied!