If you’re just joining us, this is how it works: Each Saturday until September 8th I’ll provide you with the theme of the week and a checklist of supplies. You’ll “shop” your supply stash and choose the items and photos that you want to use.
The checklist will be specific to the TYPE of items you’ll need, but you’ll have total flexibility as to the ACTUAL item you choose to use. For example, the checklist might say “floral paper, cardstock, flower embellishments”, but you can choose the color & style of the floral paper, the color of cardstock to coordinate with it and whether you want to use die-cuts, stickers, or punched flower embellishments.
Substitutions are encouraged: if you don’t have or don’t like a suggested item in your stash, switch it up for something you do have/like. For example if you absolutely hate floral papers, sub in a striped or other patterned paper, cardstock to coordinate and some geometric embellishments. It’s totally up to you! All that’s left to do once you’ve chosen your items is to create and share! (Note: feel free to use ANY brand of supplies – you do not need to use Creative Memories…although that’s probably what you’ll see in my layouts ha ha!)
Ready for week 3? OK!
– Patterned paper scraps…you may want to find a cohesive color scheme or you may want to go with the flow and simply pull scraps in every color!
– Square punches in any size(s) OR…
– Straight trimmer to cut squares/diamonds
– White or black cardstock or album page for base (this will help unify the disparate colors and patterns)
– Small basic embellishments that will work with the colors/patterns you chose (ie: small gems, pearls, brads, buttons etc) OR…
– Small punches that you can use to create coordinating embellishments (hearts, stars, circles etc)
– Any other supplies you want to add once your layout starts to take shape
Here are some of the supplies I’m planning on using this week…
Once you’ve had a look at the pinterest board and picked out your scraps, go to town with your squares or diamonds to create a layout – single or double page – your choice! Snap a photo of it and upload it to the OCM Facebook Page in the Week 3 Album (follow the link or choose “Photos” from the left hand sidebar on the main page, click on the Week 3 image, and then click on “Add Photos”…or simply add a comment with a photo.)
You can post it anytime, but those that are posted in the album by next Friday night will have a chance at our next prize! I’ll share my take on this theme on the facebook page tomorrow!