Happy Sunday! I was playing around with the new Floral Circle Punch from Creative Memories today as I wanted to make some cards to send to my Team, and I came up with this fast, easy & fun gate fold card. I used the beautiful new Daydreamer Papers and Embellishments for this card, but you could make it with so many different papers and colour combinations to suit lots of different occasions! Take a look:
That was a fun video to make and watch, but I know it goes a little quickly, so here is a written recap of the measurements and general instructions.
For each card you’ll need:
- 6″ x 10.25″ piece of double sided patterned paper
- 3.75″ x 5″ piece of coordinating cardstock
- .75″ x 12″ piece of coordinating cardstock
- 12″ Trimmer with Scoring Blade
- Floral Circle Punch
- Tape Runner Adhesive
- All-Purpose Scissors
- Place one corner of the 6″ end of the patterned paper into the punch and press down to punch. Repeat on other corner of 6″ side. FLIP over the paper (you should see the different pattern) and insert one of the corner “tabs” into the punch and press down. Repeat on the other corner tab.
- Turn paper and repeat the steps above on the opposite 6″ side of the paper.
- Insert Scoring Blade into 12″ Trimmer. Score along the straight edge where the half floral circle ends on both side of card. Fold half floral circles inward to form gate fold card.
- Adhere the 3.75″ x 5″ cardstock piece to the inside back of the card. This provides a solid paper surface to write your greeting and sentiment.
- Fold the card closed. Place the .75″ x 12″ cardstock strip across front of card. Flip over and fold cardstock strip around card loosely so the band can slide off and on the card easily while still securing the gate folds closed. Adhere ends together and snip off excess.
- Flip card over and adhere your choice of embellishment to the centre of the band. Ta-da!
- Write your sentiment on the inside, then give or send this lovely card! *Note: if you would like to send these cards in a standard A4/invitation size envelope you may have to trim .25″ of the top and bottom of the card so it will fit in the envelope.
*All Creative Memories products featured in these projects are available in Canada on my CM website (or you can find CM Advisors in the US and other countries by using the Advisor Lookup feature.) If you are interested in joining my cross-Canada team of CM Advisors, feel free to contact me, or check out all the information here. And please join me on my Facebook Page, YouTube Channel and Instagram feed for more ideas and inspiration, and check out the online courses I teach to help you get photos onto pages fast!