Happy #BorderMakerMonday friends! I’m up today on the Creative Life Scrapbooking Facebook Page sharing a fun “Crazy Squares” Border! I used the new “Electric Summer” papers and embellishments from Creative Memories and am so happy with the vibrant, exciting results! Even though this crazy squares border LOOKS complex, it is simple to make, and use minimal supplies. Watch the video below to learn how to make it with Electric Summer or ANY of your favorite papers!
So much fun, right?
Now that you’ve seen the technique, here is a brief written recap of the instructions:
- Stack four 3″ x 3″ squares with different patterns, all facing up.
- Make a random/angled cut through all four squares at the same time with your 12″ Trimmer or All-Purpose Scissors.
- Keep the pieces neatly stacked and rotate the squares 90 degrees.
- Cut through all four squares again on another angle. You will now have four stacks of multi-colored pieces that are all identical.
- Mix and match the colored pieces to create the crazy squares.
- Finish the layout with 1.5″ x 6″ strips in the same patterns layered behind two 4″ x 6″ photos, a title, embellishments, a border sticker or strip to cover the “seam” between the squares and the page, and journaling. Super quick!
This technique would work with other sizes of squares, and even with long border strips. Have fun coming up with your own patterns!
I’ll leave you with a couple more photos…
If you want to recreate your own version of this border/layout using Electric Summer products, be sure to head over to my (Canadian) CM site to purchase them, and lots of other fantastic summery supplies! And make sure to Like and Follow us over at Creative Life Scrapbooking for more border and project ideas using Creative Memories collections every week!